Monday, January 9, 2012

Ligama lami Liqiniso ~ My name is Alicia

Michael's Children Village is so beautiful.  Once hearing in November this place was a destination on outreach, I've been looking forward to it!  I can say the presence of God here is true to the Iris Ministries' name.  This is a community of peace love and thankfulness.  There are eighteen kids currently living here with two sets of house parents from nearby townships.  Teisa and Jean are the amazing epicenter of this program.  They are living some of the fastest paced lives I've ever seen.  It is a privilege to live in this community where we can be with the kids and house parents in our free time.  I've been excited to get my hands in the dirt again with Mama Dube in her garden.  (Dad, I'm remembering all the tips and tricks you've taught me and I'm spreading it to these folks!)

Anyway, the joy of the Lord is our strength EVERY DAY.  At this point physically and mentally we should be exhausted but out Holy Spirit tends to bubble up inside.  I've never been so joyful and fulfilled being a radical follower of Jesus.  He's put rollerblades to the things we've learned in the lecture phase.  There's only a few more days in South Africa but the freedom I've found here will keep my spirit flying even years after the end of outreach!

Thank you for reading and taking a closer look into our lives, supporting this strong team and finding dreams igniting in your heart through our testimonies.

Joy,
Alicia Andrus

No comments:

Post a Comment